HUMAN CARE BOARD
As in past years, Shepherd of the Hills has been asked to help support the ONALASKA COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING DINNER by providing restaurant-size cans of CUT green beans (not French). Please bring the green beans to church and place them on the table in the Narthex that is set up for that purpose. Please have the green beans to church by Sunday, November 23 as they will be picked up on Monday, November 24. If you would rather make a ﬁnancial contribution to the dinner, place your donation in an envelope and turn it in to the church office. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
The Human Care Board has designated Rice a Roni and Pasta Side Dishes to be collected in November for the ONALASKA FOOD PANTRY. There is a separate, speciﬁcally marked tote, in the Fellowship Hall in which you may place your item(s). The Human Care Board is grateful to our congregation for the wonderful response concerning the food pantry drive. Thank you for your generosity!
THE SHEPHERD’S SENIORS will be dining at Piggy‘s in La Crosse on Thursday, November 20. There will be a sign up sheet on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall each month. If you wish to go please sign up by the Sunday before the scheduled outing. If you have any questions, please contact either of the coordinators, Carolyn Bey 526-4648 or Linda Vetsch 608-269-2889.
THE PIECE MAKERS meet at church on Thursday morning at 9:30. The group will not meet on Thursday, November 27, which is Thanksgiving Day. For more information or if you have questions, please contact the coordinator, Lorraine Koch.
THE PARENTING PLACE, formerly known as Family Resources, is for grownups who care about kids: parents and also child care providers, grandparents, educators, and other caregivers. Their programs, referrals, and resources are available to any parent or caregiver free of charge. The following workshops/classes/activities will be offered during the month of November. Call 784-8125 to register or for more information.
1. Parent Connection (for parents with young children) - Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00 am at The Parenting Place in La Crosse (1500 Green Bay Street)
2. Onalaska Play Shoppe (for parents and their children ages birth to ﬁve) - Mondays from 9:30-11:00a The Parenting Place in Onalaska (1035 Riders Club Road)
3. Onalaska Afternoon Play Shoppe - Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00 pm at The Parenting Place in Onalaska (1035 Riders Club Road)
4. La Crosse Play Shoppe (for parents and their children ages birth to ﬁve) - Fridays from 9:30-11:00am at The Parenting Place in La Crosse (1500 Green Bay Street)
*On the ﬁrst Friday of every month we meet at other locations from 9:30-11 am:
5. November 7 - The Parenting Place Play Yard November 28 - No Play Shoppe 5. Hamilton Play Shoppe - Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00am at Hamilton Early Learning Center in La Crosse (1111 S. 7th Street)
6. Muscles in Motion Play Shoppe - Thursdays from 10-1 lam at Erickson Boys and Girls Club (1331 Clinton Street, La Crosse) No Muscles in Motion on Thursday, November 27.
7. Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) - November 1 and 3 (The Parenting Place in Onalaska) $25 fee
8. “Just Right” Parenting (focus is ages 5-12) November 3 and 10 (The Parenting Place in La Crosse)
9. Shared Parenting Responsibilities - November 11 - December 16 (The Parenting Place in La Crosse)
10. The Enduring Route of Parenting - November 13 (The Parenting Place in Onalaska)
11. Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention - November 15 (The Parenting Place in Onalaska) $10 fee
12. SIDS: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - November 15 (The Parenting Place in Onalaska) $10 fee
13. Orientation - County Child Care Certiﬁcation - November 15 (The Parenting Place in Onalaska)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
There is a podium in the narthex, built by Roger Umland of the Human Care Committee ... .it is for the new "Classified" service that Human Care is launching within our congregation. You may advertise your need OR availability of "goods" or "services". Note that one tablet is for: "goods" only; the other is for help wanted or available. There is just enough room for you to briefly write the item or service wanted/offered, and your phone number. If you have questions, please phone Roger at: 526-6054.